Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Leadership

Life is...Leadership 
Who is a great leader? For me I can think of several people, but my dad is at the top of the list. I doubt he would think of himself as a leader, but through him I learned what it means to be an ethical, Godly business person. Some people have the gift of words. Others show you by their actions. My dad taught me hard work by working hard himself, and allowing me to work beside him. I noticed how he interacted with employees, always being patient, kind, and never losing his temper, even when a mistake cost him money. He only asked that we tell him if we messed up (don't hide our mistake) and work to fix it.
At the time I didn't realize this is what God calls us to do in all aspects of our life.
Mostly I remember how he treated his customers - taking the time to talk with an elderly woman who needed to know someone cared. I know he could have made more money, but he always stuck to the price quoted. This is what has stayed with me. 
Every day on his way to work and his way home my dad walks by this poem (credited to Mother Teresa).

        People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.  
Forgive them anyway.
            If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.  
Be kind anyway.
            If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. 
Succeed anyway.
           If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. 
Be honest and sincere anyway.
            What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. 
Create anyway.
            If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. 
Be happy anyway.
            The good you do today, will often be forgotten. 
Do good anyway.
         Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. 
Give your best anyway.
         In the final analysis, it is between you and God. 
It was never between you and them anyway.
Contemplate and remember this powerful poem as you navigate this crazy life? 
Tell your story...www.GenerationsToGenerations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment