Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Hate or Love


Life is...Hate or Love
Tears are flowing, my stomach is upset, I’m frustrated and mad seeing our country and the world. I don’t want to see any more news; I just want to hide…curl up on the couch and watch a feel-good Christmas movie. Maybe that’s what I need for a few hours, but then I have to confront reality again. There is so much hatred. Where does it stop? How can one person do anything? What can I do? Questions that can overwhelm me into doing nothing and also makes me bitter, angry, judgmental, and if I’m brutally honest I begin to hate.
What is the opposite of hate…love. What is Love? “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
A pretty long list that makes me realize that I have not loved well. So instead of focusing on others and the hatred I see I will focus on showing love. Because the only person I can change is myself. Maybe doing my best to truly love won’t change the world, but it might change a few people that I run into, and it will change me.
Thank you for reading and sharing my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment