Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Life is...Finishing Well

 Life is...Finishing Well

It's easy to show kindness to someone when they are around. 

BUT how you treat others when they aren't there shows your true character.

It's easier to start a journey well than to end well, but how you end a journey makes all the difference.

We end journeys big and small every day: jobs, relationships, conversations, putting the kids to bed at the end of a long day...

*That is a hard one for me. It's difficult to end the day well when I just want my kids to go to sleep, so I can have a few minutes to relax.

It's hard to end well. 

It's tiring. 

It's exhausting. 

It's frustrating. 

~2 Timothy 4:7 says "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 

The finish is crucial!

What if Jesus didn't finish well?

What if he stopped before the cross or before the resurrection?

We didn't need another great teacher. We needed a Savior!

He had to finish well.

Peter and Judas BOTH betrayed Jesus. It is how they finished that made all the difference. Judas wrongly believed he couldn't be forgiven. He wouldn't ask. He decided it was the end. Peter asked for forgiveness and FINISHED the journey well!

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up." ~Galations 6:9

My prayer for you and for me is that we FINISH WELL!


No comments:

Post a Comment